Friday, May 12, 2017

Turn on your Gaslight...

I am going to tell a story that I am not proud of but I want to illustrate a point.
Back when I was married to my ex husband, we shared an email address.  Looking back it was another way he used to manipulate our relationship.  Keep in mind, I had my own personal email that I used regularly that I am guessing he never knew about but that is not the point of my story.
My ex decided that he needed to date someone/anyone other than his wife so he joined a dating site and he used our joint email as the contact point.  He posted a photo taken in our home office.
Imagine my surprise when I received an email on our joint account from someone wanting to date him!!  Surprise on many levels...1. that someone would want to date him and 2. that he would be stupid enough to use our joint email address!
Ah but my ex was stupid like a fox.
When confronted, he told me that it wasn't him in the photo (the one taken in our home office) and that I was imagining the email from the young woman who thought he was good relationship material.  For a split second I tried to reconcile what he was telling me to what I knew to be reality.  Then my rational brain kicked in and I immediately started the process of ending my marriage. 


gas·light
ˈɡaslīt/
verb
gerund or present participle: gaslighting 
1. manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity. 
"in the first episode, Karen Valentine is being gaslighted by her husband

This is happening daily in and around Washington and what is scarier is that there are millions of people that are BELIEVING the ridiculousness they are being fed.

Now a skeptic or two would tell me that all politicians lie and I won't dispute that fact but 45 campaigned on a platform of NOT being a politician, of being different.  I didn't know at the time that different actually meant WORSE.

C'mon people, wake up!! What needs to happen before 45 supporters start asking questions?  Millions of people in this country are currently being played for fools and the stakes are higher than the end of a marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment