Monday, January 2, 2017

Year End/Beginning

So this is Christmas...and what have you done?
Another year older, a new one just begun.

I have always liked this song but as I have gotten older, it has taken on new meaning for me.  The end of 2016 gave me the blahs.  I only need to go back to early November to find out why...and no, it was not because the baseball team from the north side of Chicago won the World Series.  ðŸ˜‚

I learned some things about myself and about some people I thought were friends in the weeks and months leading up to the election.  Most of it was rather disappointing.  I think it was better when we didn't discuss politics and religion in polite company.  But I digress.

I am getting ready to embark on my 49th year.  I feel like I am on the brink of something...yes I know...50.  While that may be true, it's more than that.  I am on the brink of 2 years cancer free.  I have a scan this week.

A lot happens each year, both good and bad.  I have learned to let the bad go and savor every moment of good.  So a new year has begun...I have some resolutions and plans for 2017.  I am steeling myself for some interesting times starting in a couple of weeks.  I waver between waiting to be vindicated for what I know to be true and hoping I am wrong.

I don't dread getting older anymore.  I wear every wrinkle and scar with pride, every day is an opportunity to do something cool, fun, good, hard, complicated, serious, funny, flirty, musical, interesting, unbelievable, amazing, lovely, delicious, fast, slow, bright, beautiful, humble, kind, and completely unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment