Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A New Year

When you've had cancer, everything is new.

I have a new 'do.


I have new found strength and a new appreciation for my health.

It was right around this time last year that I started to feel lousy and progressively worse on a daily basis.  Each day I wake up with a memory of how I felt a year ago.  I wonder how I functioned as a wife, stepmom, inventory planner, auntie, friend, daughter, sister, niece....

Was it my back?  My gall bladder?  Nope...it was my blood.

I am looking forward to 2016.

My birthday is in 2 weeks.  I got my diagnosis 4 days after my birthday last year.  I wasn't eating much so I didn't enjoy my birthday dinner with Chris.

I am getting a do-over on my trip to Daytona in February.

I am going to Disney in May with my niece and nephew.  I can't wait to show them the magic of Disney.

A new year holds so much promise, so much hope.  For me everything stopped on 1/16/15 until I got a grip on my treatment.  For several days I lived in the twilight zone.

I have mentioned this before...I am lucky and grateful.  I am going to celebrate this New Year like never before.  Every day is important to me now.  I have a new appreciation for everything in my life

Should auld acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind
Should auld acquaintance be forgot and days of auld lang syne.
For auld lang syne my dear for auld lang syne
We'll take a cup of kindness yet and days of auld lang syne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmVXYOJzAJM&list=RDcmVXYOJzAJM




No comments:

Post a Comment