Friday, January 24, 2020

Disappointment



I think the thing that is most disappointing to me is that for 8 years we had a president who was a good person; avoided scandal (except for the tan suit and maybe calling Kanye a jackass…even if that statement is correct).  Even if you disagreed with everything he stood for, I think you’d be hard pressed to say accurately that he wasn’t a good person.   

Now we have a person who not only isn’t a good president but he is one of the worst human beings that has come around in a long time.  So it leads me to believe that many people voted for this thoroughly horrible human being because they were outraged that a black man was elected president twice. Or maybe because they didn’t want a woman president…which infuriates me as a woman.  

Now before you say…well Hillary is a horrible person, blah blah blah…STOP.  This isn’t about Hillary.  Hillary is a different blog post.  The people still chanting “lock her up” at Trump rallies are idiots and if that makes me sound elitist, I am OK with that.

People elected a person who has been accused of crimes, has cheated on all of his wives, is a horrible business man, stole from his own charity, shirked military duty in Vietnam…I could go on for days describing how horrible this person is who is president.  

The pro-lifers will say, “Oh but he is pro life”.  No, he’s not.  He’d like you to think he is.  Plus I have news for the pro-lifers, unless you’re willing to take care of all of these unborn babies once they are born and if they happen to be not white, you’re not pro-life either.  People are making a big deal about Trump being the first president to participate in the March for Life…he’s not pro-life; he’s pro Donald Trump and nothing more. 

 I won’t even get into the argument that the government should not be making decisions about my reproductive rights PERIOD.  If only people would defend a woman’s right to choose as staunchly as they defend their right to a gun or 100 guns.

To the people who don’t believe in climate change, please go sit next to the people chanting “lock her up” because you’re a bunch of idiots too.

To the senators willing to overlook facts, corroborating witnesses and the Constitution, you’re no better than Trump is.

Oh yeah, the tax cuts…has anyone looked at the national debt lately?

To the people angry about the Clinton connection to Jeffrey Epstein…there is a Trump connection as well…of course that’s not important to Trump supporters.  The hypocrisy is STAGGERING.

You may say I sound a little angry, I am but not for the reason you think.  While talking about the trial with my sister, she said there was no hope.  We didn’t go into whether she was talking about no hope of conviction, no hope of getting through to Trump’s base, or just generally no hope.  I am angry about THAT. 

I am disappointed in every person that voted for Trump regardless of your reasoning.  

I realize he won’t be president forever and that gives me HOPE because America is better than this daily shit show.  I just hope we can convince our allies when it’s finally over.

No comments:

Post a Comment