Friday, January 10, 2020

Are There Really People Like This?

I remember years back when Jersey Shore first came on MTV.  I am a believer that MTV should play music videos and only music videos but that is an entirely different post.

For reasons I cannot comprehend Chris and I were drawn to watch a few Jersey Shore episodes.  I remember saying..."I cannot believe there are people really like this in the world."  Now I realize that the characters in Jersey Shore were more than likely portraying caricatures of themselves (or maybe not) but at the end of the day unless they were in a bar fight or drunkenly falling on the beach, they were really not causing any serious harm.

Fast forward a bit and we have a "reality star" living in the white house.  I know I have mentioned before that the term "reality star" shouldn't exist.  I mean, let's be honest, look where it has gotten us. 

Put a reality star in the white house and apparently...

It's OK to marginalize anyone who isn't white...or a man
It's OK to "grab 'em by the pussy"
It's OK be hypocritical daily
It's OK to lie about everything

I could go on for hours about the things that are now OK that would have been a rip roaring scandal between 2009 and 2016 and really any other time frame in American history.

So today I ask the question...are there really people like this?  Who think the above is OK?  Yeah, there are...and the harm it's doing to this country is awful.

The day is coming when we won't have a reality star in the white house.  I hope the damage done by him and his cronies can be repaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment