Friday, July 12, 2019

Will It Come Back for Me?

I found out today a friend passed away.  Not anything new as you get older but this friend died of cancer.

She had cancer several years ago and beat it.

When it returned, it was everywhere. 

I swear I hate cancer with the fire of a thousand suns. 

Almost immediately, my irrational brain started to race...wondering if someday cancer is going to come back for me.  For a split second the fear is paralyzing.  Then a mini panic attack.

Breathe in, breathe out. 

My heart slows to a normal rhythm, the rational brain regains control.  I have no control over my lymphoma returning.  I am 4.5 years from diagnosis and a little over 4 years from learning I had gone into remission.  After 5 years, the chances of a re-occurrence become minuscule.   Tick tock.  I don't like to wish my life away, but...

Will it come back for me??








Not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment