Thursday, September 20, 2018

The Right Thing to Do

Brett Kavanaugh should withdrawn his name for the Supreme Court.  PERIOD

This isn't about party. It isn't about 45. It's about doing what is right.  I realize that is a foreign concept in this country these days; especially at the highest levels of government.

The hypocrisy of members of the Senate is laughable.  Let's not consider the nomination of Merrick Garland because a year from now Barack Obama won't be president anymore but let's rush through Brett Kavanaugh well, because he's a smart guy to paraphrase the guy who nominated him.

Seriously--is this what we've become?  Different political parties so HELL BENT on being in power that they resort to this BULLSHIT.

I know, I know, why didn't she come forward sooner???  That's really not for me (or anyone else) to comment on.

Have you ever been sexually assaulted?  Did you report it?  Were you believed?  Did you feel judged?  Did you carry it with you every day after?  Did it affect relationships?

Brett Kavanaugh categorically denies Christine Blasey Ford's accusations.  From what I have heard and read, perhaps it's because he doesn't remember.  Apparently there was a lot of teenage drinking and partying at prep school back in the day.  REGARDLESS of what he remembers, his accuser remembers and really that is all that matters.

Yes, I drank when I was a teenager, yes, I did things I shouldn't.  My reputation isn't on display.  I am not nominated for the Supreme Court.  Sorry if you have skeletons in your closet, you should not be a candidate for the Supreme Court.

We'll see what happens on Monday and in the days to follow.  I have an idea and I hope I am wrong.

I hope Brett Kavanaugh does what is right.  He has two daughters.  I'd be interested to hear his thoughts on how he would feel if a drunk prep school student pinned one of his daughters down and groped her.  My guess is, he'd be pretty angry.

We as a country need to do some serious soul searching if our elected officials think it's OK to rush this nomination through.  Yes, the FBI should investigate this and no, they shouldn't have to wait for 45 to give the order.  No one is above reproach.  NO ONE.

No one with a daughter (or a conscience) should be for the confirmation of this man.

And to the evangelical leaders that are urging the GOP to push this nomination through...take a step back.  We hear so much about your religious rights, blah blah blah.  Think about what you would do if Christine Blasey Ford was your daughter.  You don't get to push your religious beliefs on the rest of the world while you do whatever you please in your own life.  You don't get to thump your bible in one hand and oppress non religious people with the other.  You don't get to pick and choose when something is right or wrong for your own benefits.  That's not how it works.

Everyone eligible needs to vote, this November and for every election going forward.  If you don't like what your elected officials are doing CHANGE THEM.  They are not entitled to the job they hold.

WE THE PEOPLE vote them in AND out.

Members of the Senate and House of Representatives...you better figure out what side of history you want to land on.  I wouldn't want to stand with the guy in the white house...he stinks, as do most of those he has hired and surrounded himself with.  Don't be complicit.




No comments:

Post a Comment