Sunday, November 5, 2017

Be Angry





I shared this statement with a group of friends on FB tonight.


Eventually, my anger about this topic will kill me.  I will either have a heart attack or throw a blood clot.  All because I believe that people should be able to go to church, school, a concert, the movies, the store, for coffee, or to a mall without having to worry about getting blown away by a nutcase with a gun.

What is it going to take to change things?

If you’re in Congress and in bed with the NRA, you are just as guilty as the fool in Texas today.

No, you’re worse because you are too cowardly to stand up to the NRA.

Pray for Columbine

For VA Tech

For NIU

For Waco, TX

For Las Vegas

For San Bernardino, CA

For Charleston, SC

For Newtown, CT

For Chattanooga, TN

For Orlando, FL

For Fort Hood


I could go on and on and I worry I am forgetting too many instances and I don’t want anyone offended by an unintended slight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/mass-shootings-in-america/

Read the article in the link above.  Then do something besides praying.  Write your congressional leaders...call them, tweet them.  Be loud, be angry, be heard.  If they don’t listen, vote for someone else.  THEY WORK FOR YOU!  Make them earn that seat.

Fight the gun lobby and fight for better mental healthcare.

The future is too important.  We are too important.


No comments:

Post a Comment