Sunday, June 16, 2019

You Don’t Know What It’s Like

Take a look at the video below.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/oLht/facebook-groups-her-first-baseball-game-song-by-bee-gees

This commercial has been on TV for a while.  The first thing that caught my attention was the song.  It’s one of my favorite BeeGees songs.  It was probably the 3rd or 4th time I heard the commithat I actually stopped and watched it.

I was immediately taken to Sunday afternoons at Sox Park with my Dad in the 70s.  Back when Sunday double headers were scheduled.  Our school had a program where you earned tickets through good grades or perfect attendance.  I chose the Sunday double headers.  The sun splashed Sundays, the railings with 34567 coats of paint in that old ball park, parking by the railroad tracks, the scent of hot dogs, onions, cotton candy, the taste of Cracker Jack and wishing the toy in the box to be tattoos.

The commercial made me miss those days.  My Dad took me to ball games before FACEBOOK made a group about it.

On this Father’s Day, I have many friends, like myself who are missing their Dads today.  For those of you who still have your Dads...if you haven’t already, call them.  Tell them you love them.  Reminisce about when you were a kid.

You don’t know what it’s like, you don’t know what it’s like, to love somebody, to love somebody, the way I love you.

Happy Father’s Day

No comments:

Post a Comment