Wednesday, August 16, 2017

It was Never About Party

I don't affiliate with a particular political party; some days I have some views that lean left and other days I find myself leaning right. 

I have never, nor will I ever vote a straight party ticket; to me that's absurd.  I have thoughts and beliefs independent of a political party. 

I have some views that are different from my husband, my mother, my sister, my friends--and that's OK.  Some of their views are different from mine--that's OK too.

I have a general aversion to the 45th president.  It has nothing to do with the political party that he represents.  I have voted republican before and I may again.  Some of my values align with republican values.

It has to do with him being a piss poor human being.
It has to do with how he treats and refers to women.
It has to do with him having no leadership skills.
It has to do with him being a narcissist.
It has to do with him being a bully.
It has to do with him being a poor example for our children.
It has to do with what he does and doesn't stand for.
It has to do with the CRAP that comes out of his mouth and his smartphone daily.
It has to do with the fact that he does not respect the office he was elected to.

It doesn't matter what political party he represents.

See for me it was and continues to be very simple.

If he woke up tomorrow morning and became an example of the perfect president for the people, I am not sure he would be able to change my mind; but anyone with a functioning brain knows that's not going to happen.

I faced January 21st with an open mind because I didn't want the pilot crashing the plane we're all on.  He has fallen below even the very low bar I had set for him.

If you voted for him, it's on you. 
If you didn't vote, you're going to have to bear some responsibility as well.
To paraphrase Heather Heyer, "If you're not angry, you're not paying attention."

Or you're a fool.







No comments:

Post a Comment