Monday, May 30, 2016

Scans Redux

So, back in April I had a CT scan.  Unfortunately, I was supposed to have scanS.  I will go Wednesday to get the rest of the scans.

I get drink the yummy liquid that sends my stomach into odd convulsions.  I get to sit on pins and needles until my oncologist calls giving me the all clear.

Yes, it's all for he best.

I spent a week in Disney, walking miles, enjoying the sites.  Summer has come to Chicago.  My planting for he season is just about done.  I have put away my sweaters and replaced them with shorts, sandals, and dresses.  And yet I sit in the same place I did almost 2 months ago...all because of a clerical error.

I wish I could be scanned for cancer as easily as I got scanned to make sure I wasn't bringing weapons onto the plane to Disney.  I wish I didn't worry even though I know I am well.  I wish people I work with would understand how sick the contrast solution makes me.  I wish they would understand that the new order management system is never going to be my first priority.  It can't be.  My first priority will always be my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment