Thursday, May 28, 2015

Introducing Chris Wick

For those reading this that do not know me, Chris is my husband.  He stood by me through what I refer to as the Little Health Adventure of 2015.  He is the reason for a lot of my laughter over the last several months and was quick with a hug or a tissue during the tears.

I can say with utmost certainty that I have no idea where I would be without him.  I truly believe that right after my diagnosis, he sat by and watched me sleep...whether it was as I napped on the couch in our family room or at night in bed.  I am not sure he slept at all.  I slept, that I know for sure.  At the beginning, that's really all I did.  

For a little background information, Chris and I met 10 years ago through the magic of the internet.  We had both been married before and it did not work out well.  From the day we met, it was just easy.  We just kind of fit but honestly, outside of losing my mother in law last summer, we hadn't endured anything too difficult; until January.  

Chris also lost his best friend the week of my diagnosis.  I don't feel like I have been truly supportive of him in his loss but a day hasn't gone by when I haven't prayed that he find peace.  

I remember vividly in the ER Chris explaining to the doctors that in 6 months he had lost his Mother and his best friend and he was NOT going to lose his wife too.  If his will had been all I needed to be cured, I would have been cured in one day.  While I never felt like I was going to die, I did have my doubts about ever being well again.  Chris was sure that I would be.  and some days, his assurances are what kept me going.

It is my hope that if Chris ever suffers from an illness, that I can be half as supportive as we was to me...

Love you honey!


No comments:

Post a Comment